ROTM - Mount Ord
Trip report (forum): ROTM - Mount Ord
Ok finally had time to get my photos together and whatnot, it's been a busy few weeks at work. So here we go...
- We met at Chevron (One Taco, Seven 80s, One 100 series)
- Caravaned up the hill started the trail on the back end of Mt. Ord (FS 27 / Slate Creek)
- Elevation Start: 3226.9'
- Elevation End: 7086.2'
- 6.94 miles
- Took a couple hours, with some stops for scenic views and truck photos
- Stopped at top of Mt. Ord for some lunch, good conversation, and a hike to the fire tower (Mt Ord fire tower at 102' is one of the tallest in the state and the tallest with a 14'x14' cab)
- Some people left but 4 of us stayed and camped, the weather was perfect (I think it got down to 67 degrees @LandCruiserPhil correct me if I am wrong), we had great food and some laughs and absolutely no tequila was involved
- Return trip was an easy dirt road (FS 626)
- From top top parking spot to hwy 87 - (4100') total 5.4 miles